Your savory breakfast links:
- Emily Engel-Natzke worked closely with Badgers’ coach Tony Granato to prepare herself for a career in the pros - and leaned on him and the Badgers staff during the toughest time in her life. [UWBadgers]
- At 34 years old, Alex Ovechkin led the NHL in goals; will he still be able to do so at 35 and beyond? [NBCSW]
- Grading Tom Wilson’s 2019-20 campaign. [S&S]
- Previewing Team Sweden ahead of the upcoming World Junior Championships. [THW]
- Former Caps defensive prospect Patrick McNeill, who won two Calder Cups with the Bears, is moving behind the bench of his hometown GOJHL team. [Strathroy Age Dispatch]
- The new reverse retro jerseys went on sale yesterday, and have immediately become a hot commodity, drawing long lines at Medstar and selling out online. [NoVa Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- Over the course of Hockey Fights Cancer month, the Caps took time to remember and honor family members, friends, and devoted fans who battled cancer. [NBCSW]
- Monumental Sports & Entertainment Foundation is launching its annual “Family-to-Family” Program, supporting deserving local families - and you can pitch in here.
- Finally, happy birthday to former Cap (and new assistant coach of Vegas’s AHL affiliate) Joel Ward, who turns the big 4-0 today!