Your savory breakfast links:
- When taking another look at the Matt Niskanen-Radko Gudas trade, it seems like the Capitals came out on top. [Stars and Sticks]
- What lies ahead for the Hershey Bears in this year’s training camp? There are certainly some big decisions to be made. [NoVa Caps]
- The NHL tweeted this incredible stat yesterday:
Keep in mind that John Tavares turns 29 next month, Vladimir Tarasenko turns 27 in December, Nikita Kucherov just turned 26, and Patrick Kane will be 31 in November. Ovi? He turns 34 on September 17.
- Speaking of Alex Ovechkin’s goal-scoring prowess, it is possible for him to become the greatest goal scorer of all-time? Does he stand a chance at catching Wayne Gretzky? [Stars and Sticks]
- Michal Kempny was on the ice at MedStar again yesterday, and even though he has yet to skate with the rest of the team he seems to be making excellent progress.
#Caps D Michal Kempny, who is coming off a season-ending hamstring injury, is doing more this week, his second since returning from the Czech Republic. He’s still not skating with his teammates but it seems that good progress is being made. pic.twitter.com/d5LJK9bf7G— Tarik El-Bashir (@Tarik_ElBashir) August 26, 2019
- Finally, happy 57th birthday to Hall of Famer former Capitals forward and Head Coach Adam Oates!