Your savory breakfast links:
- Travis Boyd’s path to the NHL has been a long one, but he’s not looking back now that he’s achieved his dream. [Rink]
- The Japers’ Rink Radio crew chats about the postseason road ahead. [Rink]
- Previews of tonight’s battle with the Habs from Vogs, Peerless, NoVa Caps, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Eyes on the Prize for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- More on Alex Ovechkin’s quest to tie Wayne Gretzky’s gaudy goal record. Just 273 more to go... [NHL]
- Tom Wilson’s hands bear the scars of his many fights over the years - but now those hands are more valuable providing offense, and the fights are becoming more rare. [WaPo]
- Don’t look now, but the Caps are the most improved team in the NHL, just in time for the playoffs. [RMNB]
- Last year the addition of Michal Kempny balanced out the blueline; with Kempny out for the year, new addition Nick Jensen may be able to fill a similar role. [WashTimes]
- Like it or not, the NHL and NHLPA have reached an agreement to leave the current playoff format in place for at least one more year. [The Score]
- Projecting what the playoff lineup may look like and more in this week’s mailbag. [NBCSW]
Chase Priskie, WSH 6th round pick in 2016, has informed the Capitals he will NOT be signing with them and will become UFA on Aug. 15. Priskie finished his senior season with Quinnipiac and should be a highly sought after free agent defenceman.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 3, 2019
- News and notes from yesterday’s practice. [Caps video (Reirden, Rinkside Update/Pheonix Copley), NoVa Caps (with pics)]
- Extolling the virtues of versatile forward T.J. Oshie. [THW]
- Say cheese! It’s Caps picture day. [Caps video]
- Finally, happy 39th birthday to Garret Stroshein and happy 52nd to Rob Murray.