Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s OT win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, Canes, AP, Reuters, WaPo, NBCSW, News & Observer (and again), Frankovic, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Pucker Up, and Canes Country.
- It’s possible that Braden Holtby’s actions after some interference may have cost them on Carolina’s first goal, and he knows it. [NBCSW]
- Meanwhile Micheal Ferland was ejected for a hit on Nic Dowd that, upon replay review, probably didn’t deserve such a harsh call. [NBCSW (and again)
- Brooks Orpik isn’t known for his goal-scoring - but he does have a knack for playoff heroics, and when he chips in, everyone’s SO happy for him. [NHL, NoVa Caps, NBCSW (and again)]
- This deserves another viewing, no? Way to go, Batya!
- They may be down 2-0, but the ‘Canes are not discouraged as they head home to Raleigh. [NHL]
- Nevertheless, they are down 2-0. And the Caps are up 2-0. And while it easily could be 1-1 (or even 0-2), all that matters is that the bigger number leans towards Washington. [WaPo]
- A lot of that is thanks to the magic that is Nicklas Backstrom. [WashTimes]
- And as Backstrom finds his scoring touch, Alex Ovechkin continues to prove that his passing ability has been seriously underrated over the years. [WashTimes]
- The loss of Michal Kempny has been a big one for the Caps’ blueline, and they need to figure out how to replace him - quick. [NBCSW]
- Making our case for why Canucks fans (and anyone else without a team in the show!) should hop on board the champs’ bandwagon. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Two areas that will make or break the Caps’ chances at a repeat. [THW]
- So Capital One Arena might have a slight rodent... problem. Ewwww.
This guy just fell from the ceiling outside the Hurricanes locker room when the ball they are kicking around hit a panel #deadonarrival. #omen. pic.twitter.com/2VfnSdbCXJ— Joe Mazur (@joemazurabc11) April 13, 2019
Well done, Washington! @Capitals W ✅ @Nationals W ✅@WashSpirit W ✅ #DCU W ✅ pic.twitter.com/kGUDMEw3uy— D.C. United (@dcunited) April 14, 2019
- Finally, happy 56th birthday to Paul MacDermid and happy 52nd to Alain Cote.