Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, Frankovic, FiCP, NJ.com and All About The Jersey.
- Braden Holtby was the star of Friday’s game, putting away a patchwork Devils squad with a 25-save shutout while his team struggled in front of him. The Holtbeast’s 35th career shutout ties him with Olie Kolzig for most in franchise history. [RMNB]
Nice accomplishment for Braden Holtby. pic.twitter.com/Z5XpN91WKW— Jake Russell (@_JakeRussell) March 7, 2019
- Caps fans can now ride around the ice during admission on a Giant-sponsored zamboni. I, for one, have always dreamed of being carted around a hockey rink in a huge shopping cart. [Capitals Outsider]
- Reflections on the inaugural meeting of the Black Girl Hockey Club – which just, by the way, reached its initial GoFundMe goal to become a non-profit organization. [NBCSW]
- Andre Burakovsky’s demotion to the fourth line has been mutually beneficial for the player and team. [WaPo]
- The Capitals raised over $155k for the Monumental Sports & Entertainment Foundation in Stanley Cup Championship Ring Raffle. [RMNB]
- What does an NHL without faceoffs look like? [The Athletic]
- The Caps may have momentarily claimed the top spot in the Metropolitan Division, but the NHL’s tiebreaker rules are still stupid. [Peerless]
- Jakub Vrana’s new celly in NHL19 shows that sometimes you have to be your own #1 fan. [RMNB]
- And finally, happy 55th birthday to Phil Housley.
Oh, also this:
Me heading for my couch to watch hockey on a Friday night after a wild week at work pic.twitter.com/dACFLBNBtd— Sean Tierney (@ChartingHockey) March 9, 2019
He’s beauty, he’s grace...