Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s OT loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, Eller, recap), Lightning, NHL, AP, NBC Sports, WaPo, NBCSW, WashTimes, Peerless, RMNB, FiCP, Caps Outsider, NoVa Caps, Tampa Bay Times, and Raw Charge.
- It was a loss on the scoreboard and potentially a bigger loss on the blueline as Michal Kempny exited in the third with a lower-body injury. [NBCSW]
Reirden says Kempny will “miss some time.” Team will have more of an update in a couple days.— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) March 21, 2019
- Congratulations to Evgeny Kuznetsov on picking up his 20th goal of the season - and the 100th of his career.
- A loss or two to the Lightning in mid-March can’t take away what the Caps achieved after beating the Lightning in the Eastern Conference Final. [NBCSW]
- Alex Ovechkin is inching closer to yet another 50-goal season - and once again it looks like he may be the only one to achieve that mark. [TSN]
- Early and late-period goals, Kuznetsov’s lackluster play, first-round matchups and more in the weekly mailbag. [NBCSW]
- A few leftovers from Tuesday’s win over New Jersey. [Caps, RMNB]
- Newly inked prospect Joe Snively’s new contract doesn’t kick in until next season, but he’s signed a tryout agreement with Hershey for the remainder of this one. [NoVa Caps, RMNB]
- Finally, happy 53rd birthday to Al “Wild Thing” Iafrate.