Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s second-most boring loss to a Boston-area team from us, Vogs, Caps video (recap, Reirden, locker room), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, WashTimes, Bruins, Boston Herald, Boston Globe, NBCS Boston, NoVa Caps, RMNB, FiCP, and Caps Outsider.
- He may be one point shy of being the highest-scoring Russian in the NHL, but the numbers show that Ovechkin is already the best Russian-born player ever. [NHL]
- With the news that funding for Fort DuPont renovations may be diverted elsewhere, Monumental Sports and the NHL have stepped up to raise funds - and you can chip in. [Caps, NBCSW]
- A look back at the week that was. [Peerless, All About the Jersey]
- Christian Djoos was assigned to Hershey yesterday for a conditioning stint... [Caps, HBH, Chocolate Hockey, RMNB, NoVa Caps, FiCP]
- ...and was thrown right into the action, helping the Bears extend their point-streak with a 3-2 shootout win over Binghamton. [Caps Outsider, NoVa Caps]
- Caps’ prospect Martin Fehervary’s unwillingness to settle has led him on the path from Slovakia to Sweden. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 75th birthday to Gary Smith, happy 50th to Joe Sacco, and happy 33rd to Steve “Binky” Oleksy.