Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight’s showdown with the Senators from Vogs, NBCSW (with video), Peerless, Reuters, and Ottawa Sun, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partners over Silver Seven Sens for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- As part of Black History in Hockey Night, Rep. John Lewis and NHL pioneer Willie O’Ree will drop the ceremonial puck tonight ahead of Caps-Sens. [Caps, WashTimes]
- A look back at the career of Mike Marson, who became the second black player to play in the NHL 16 years after Willie O’Ree’s barrier-breaking debut. [Caps]
- After the Caps held steady at the deadline, GM Brian MacLellan met with the media to discuss his pre-deadline moves, DSP’s demotion, and more. [Caps video, NBCSW]
- The roster is set and the Caps are ready to move forward with their title defense minus any big, flashy moves. [WaPo, WashTimes]
- Handing out some grades and analysis of all of the Deadline Day moves and non-moves. [PHT, NBCSW, NoVa Caps]
- A few leftovers from Sunday’s OT win over the Rangers. [Dump ‘n Chase, NoVa Caps, RMNB]
- Owner Ted Leonsis talks about sports gambling and hoisting the Stanley Cup last year. [WUSA9]
- Finally, happy 67th birthday to Larry Bolonchuk.