Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (locker room, Reirden, recap), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Mercury News, and Fear the Fin.
- Congrats, Oshie!
- Ice cold heading into the break, the Caps’ third line of Burakovsky, Eller and Connolly is starting to heat up. [WaPo]
- Making the case for and against the deadline acquisition of St. Louis stud blueliner Alex Pietrangelo. [NBCSW]
- It seems as if the Caps are having a discipline problem, and lead the League in penalty minutes - but are they taking penalties more often than last year? [NoVa Caps]
- Rush goals are just killing the Caps. [RMNB]
- Who are the top five Cup contenders so far? [The Comeback]
- Checking in on the Caps’ red-hot goalie tandem in Hershey and other prospects throughout the organization. [NBCSW]
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Dump ‘n Chase, Caps video (Reirden, Rinkside Update/Niskanen)]
- Women’s hockey is on the rise, and the Caps have nothing but support for their female counterparts. [RMNB]
- They may be well-oiled machines with temple-like bodies, but that doesn’t mean NHLers don’t have their city-specific cheat foods when on the road. [SI]
- Hockey hugs are the best hugs... and Capitals’ hockey hugs are the best of the best. [RMNB]
- Finally, happy 45th birthday to Martin Gendron, and *sigh* we suppose a happy
150th47th to Jaromir Jagr.