Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s wild win over the Flames from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, AP, Rotoworld, WaPo, NBCSW, Calgary Herald, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, FlamesNation, and Matchsticks & Gasoline.
- Congratulations to Jakub Vrana, who picked up his first career hat trick in the win (and just two nights after a two-goal performance):
- Not to overshadow Vrana’s big night, but much of the evening - planned and otherwise - revolved around the visiting Nationals, starting in the locker room ahead of the game:
- The team was then honored in the pregame ceremony, entertained the crowd during the game, rode the ice resurfacer sans shirts, and joined the Caps for postgame libations. [Caps video, NHL, WaPo, NBCSW, Yahoo Sports Canada, PHT, For the Win]
- Just... yeah.
- The Caps are leading the League, getting better at shot suppression and scoring buckets. Folks, they might be decent? [RMNB]
- News and notes from pregame. [Caps video (Reirden, Rinkside Update/Ovechkin)]
- If the Caps were inspired by the Nats’ run to make another run of their own, here are seven keys to a repeat. [NoVa Caps]
- Mike Vogel teased it in his pregame notes, and the Caps achieved it - a new franchise record that’s a little obscure. [NBCSW]
- A few leftovers from Friday night’s win over Buffalo. [Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks]
- A look back at the week that was. [Peerless, Pensburgh, All About the Jersey]
- The Caps have a new in-game host, but hockey is nothing new to Sandra Draganoiu. [Caps Outsider]
- Happy 41st birthday to Rick Berry.
- And finally, this: