Your savory breakfast links:
- Goalie notes, John Carlson’s ridiculous week, some special special teams... but was this week a hit or a miss? [Rink]
- Breaking down the good and the bad through eight games for the Caps. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, AP, CP, Reuters, WaPo, NBCSW, RMNB, NoVa Caps, Newsday (and again), and Blueshirt Banter.
- Okay but seriously... John Carlson. [The Score]
- Wednesday night it was Elena Delle Donne and the Mystics; last night, the NL champion Nationals were in the house. First Adam Eaton read the lineup...
- ...but the night’s festivities weren’t complete until the dulcet tones of “Baby Shark” filled the arena.
You absolutely love to see it. https://t.co/GlIV8fqG6i— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) October 18, 2019
- The Black Girl Hockey Club held its first meetup of the season at last night’s game, which included a ride on the ice resurfacer for one of its youngest members. [NHL]
- News from gameday skate including the good - Kempny’s return! - and the bad - Panik to the LTIR. [Caps video (Reirden, Kempny, Rinkside Update/Oshie), WaPo, WashTimes, PHT]
- A victim of the team’s cap constraints, Travis Boyd was sent down to Hershey earlier this season - and he’s been making the most of his time with the Bears. [NBCSW]
- Now Boyd is back with the team, as is Martin Fehervary - the duo were recalled ahead of the team’s Western Conference swing with Panik on the shelf. [NoVa Caps]
- Meanwhile Ilya Samsonov has made the most of his time with the Caps, getting off to a red hot start in net. [StarsandSticks]