Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of this evening’s battle with the Avs from Vogs, NHL, NBCSW, and NoVa Caps, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Mile High Hockey for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- Former Caps Philipp Grubauer and Andre Burakovsky return to DC as big role players for their team of late. [Denver Post]
- Cautious optimism and grains of salt and all but this, friends, is very good news:
Capitals D Michal Kempny (hamstring) said after optional practice today he feels ready to play in a game. Plans to talk to trainer, doctor, coaches today and make a plan for when he'll come back.— Tom Gulitti (@TomGulittiNHL) October 13, 2019
If not tomorrow vs. Colorado, then "soon" after.
- A year after being a standout en route to the Caps’ Cup, Jakub Vrana struggled in the postseason and it shattered his confidence - but he’s out to prove that he’s back. [WaPo]
- A few leftovers from a very rare win in Dallas Saturday night. [Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks]
- Yeah.... it’s been a while since their last victory in Big D. [Caps]
- Hop in the wayback machine for a closer look at that win in 1995. [NoVa Caps]
- A look at the week that was. [Peerless, Pensburgh, All About the Jersey]
- Digging into the good and the bad from the Caps’ eventful first six games of the 2019-20 season. [RMNB]
- Checking in on the little prospect sprouts down on the farm. [NoVa Caps]