Your slumping breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s (gulp!) seventh-straight loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room), NHL, AP, CP, WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, Globe and Mail, and PPP.
- Ominous start to that one as Alex Ovechkin and T.J. Oshie collided, eventually sending Ovechkin to the room for concussion testing (which thankfully he passed). [NBCSW, Yahoo! Canada]
- Congrats to the captain, aka the lone bright spot in this dark time, who scored a goal to draw even with Sergei Fedorov for the most points by a Russian player. [Caps video]
- The Caps are doomed, I tells ya! DOOOOOOMED. [THN]
- All the hat tricks. So many hat tricks. [Sporting News]
Kadri hat trick. During this losing streak, Caps have allowed four hat tricks (Arvidsson, Toews, Hertl, Kadri)— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) January 24, 2019
- Jeremy Roenick had some harsh words for the Caps... and that was just after the sixth loss! [WaPo]
- What should the Caps (and the 30 other teams) do at or before the trade deadline? [THN]
- A few leftovers from that loss to the Sharks. [Caps, RMNB]
- All the ways the Caps can stop this skid. Maybe they should try, um, winning. [NBCSW]
- Finally, happy 70th birthday to Guy Charron, happy 46th to Chris and Peter Ferraro, happy 33rd to Jack Hillen, and happy 49th to Jim Mathieson.