Your savory breakfast of champions links:
- Looking back at the greatest year in the history of the franchise. [Rink, NoVa Caps, @PuckerUpSports (and again)]
- “New year and new hockey.” Alex Ovechkin is not particularly concerned with his six-game goal drought... [WaPo]
- ... he’s also the 2018 Hockey Person of the Year... [ESPN]
- ... and his reason for optimism in 2019 is solid. [RMNB]
- Ovi may not be too worried, but perhaps his coaches are as the scoring from the top line has become increasingly scarce... [NBCSW]
- ... and honestly the play of the whole team has been a bit lackadaisical. How do they get back on a championship track in 2019? [NoVa Caps]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on New Year’s Eve’s dispirited loss from us, Vogs (plus postgame notebook), NHL, WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps (and again) and RMNB (and again), Caps Outsider (and that assist!) and from the visitors’ bench, The Tennessean and On The Forecheck.
- Oh hai there, sneaky scoring Swede Nicklas Backstrom .
Nicklas Backstrom has passed Henrik Zetterberg (623) for the eighth most assists by a Swedish born player.— CapitalsPR (@CapitalsPR) December 31, 2018