Your savory breakfast of champions links:
- Lars Eller, Viking warrior and steadfast centerman, triumphantly returned home to Danmark with the spoils of victory... [TV2Lorry.dk, NHL, NoVa Caps, FiCP, RMNB]
- ... and a silver bowl filled with delicious buttermilk soup. Koldskål!
Hvad fylder en dansk Stanley Cup-vinder i Cuppen? Koldskål selvfølgelig. Og kammerjunker #isdk pic.twitter.com/SWM4NbMUco— Lars Fink (@finktv2sporten) August 8, 2018
- “Many ice hockey talents have a dream of winning the most prestigious trophy in the world. For 99.99 percent, it remains only a dream. You realized your dream. This party is not only for Rødovre, but for all sports Denmark,” said Danish Ice Hockey Union chief Henrik Bach Nielsen. [BT.dk for the local angle, and again for the Eller family angle]
- Congrats to Rink reader/commenter Madelle, who got some quality time with Lord Stanley. [Fanpost]
- The Caps are the champs, and become the standard against which the Atlantic Division teams can be measured. [The Athletic]
- These scoring chances charts tho. [THW]
- This could be a breakout season for Dmitry Orlov, who surely has more points in his stick. [NBCSW]
- And what about Christian Djoos? [FiCP]
- T.J. Oshie got paid and then got busy being a great hockey player - especially when it counted the most. [Stars & Sticks]
- A snippet about the making-of the Caps’ championship DVD - “We couldn’t get the rights to Alex Ovechkin in the fountain. We couldn’t find who shot it,” he said. [ESPN]
- Fashionblogging Part One - a history of the Caps’ alternate sweaters. [NoVa Caps]
- Fashionblogging Part Two - it’s come to this.
Andre and Axel Jonsson Fjällby have matching shorts #ALLCAPS pic.twitter.com/AJItBUo49D— HockeyKot (@hockeykot) July 25, 2018
- Finally, happy 66th birthday to Harvey Bennett, and happy 56th to Jim Johnson.