Your savory breakfast of champions links:
- Yep, breakfast. Of champions.
- Tom Wilson took the Cup back to his roots in Toronto. [Caps Outsider, NBCSW, NHL, FiCP, RMNB]
Tom Wilson as he was before being on a #StanleyCup team with the #WashingtonCapitals at North Toronto Arena - a champion even at this early age pic.twitter.com/P9ZWTyNwpJ— Robin Martin (@RobinMartinPC) August 5, 2018
- ... but there was another milestone of sorts as Pens forward Zach Aston-Reese announced he has gotten the green light to eat solid food again, three months after Wilson’s hit. [RMNB]
- Salary cap, shmalary cap. We’ll worry about the Wilson contract implications... later. [Stars and Sticks]
- There is a distinct lack of Nicklas Backstrom on this list. Growl. [NHL.com]
- Finally, happy 24th birthday, Christian Djoos!