Your savory breakfast links:
- The battle is joined: The Caps’ quest for the Cup starts in Capital One Arena on Thursday night at 7:30 Eastern versus the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- The League announced the first round schedule. #CapsJackets play in DC on Thursday and Sunday. [Rink, NBCSW]
- #CapsJackets by the numbers. [Rink]
- Digging deeper. [NoVa Caps]
- Series preview. [NHL, NHL Tonight (video), NoVa Caps]
- Caps say: Oh hai there Columbus. Bring. It. On. [NoVa Caps]
- Lumbus sez: Oh hai there Caps. At least ur not the Pens! [Jackets Extra]
- These two teams have never faced one another in the postseason. [Union and Blue]
- Five keys to the series. [The Athletic $]
- Why the Caps will win - they are DUE, you guyz. [NHL]
- Why the Jackets will win - something something Tortorella? Also Bob. [NHL]
- The Caps have lowered expectations this time ‘round, which apparently leads to raised confidence. And then raised expectations, so. [AP Sports, NHL]
- For their captain, another Rocket Richard is nice but there’s only one trophy that counts. [WashTimes (Loverro)]
- Speaking of the Rocket Richard, Alex Ovechkin has secured his seventh. He makes it look so easy. [NHL, theScore, RMNB]
#Caps Alex Ovechkin set to become the second player in @NHL history with more than 1,000 career games to lead the league in goal scoring. Before this season, only #RedWings Gordie Howe (1962-63) won the NHL's goal-scoring title with so many miles on the hockey odometer. pic.twitter.com/bgZj0bF2VT— Ben Raby (@BenRaby31) April 8, 2018
- Philipp Grubauer has been a very patient backup goalie, and now his persistence may finally pay off. [WaPo]
- Stick around the Rink as we’ll have playoff preview content rolling right up to puck drop.
- Finally, the Japers’ Rink staff would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to all the folks we regularly (and irregularly!) link here. It has been our great privilege to experience the 2017-2018 regular season through your words, photos, podcasts and videos, and we look forward to sharing the second season and beyond.