- He may never touch Wayne Gretzky’s gaudy record of 894 goals, but adjusted for era, Alex Ovechkin’s production is much closer than it looks. [NHL]
- Of course, it’s pretty darn good in today’s era, as well. [Caps, TSN, The Score]
- Because of that, the hefty contract he signed a decade ago is looking like a bargain. [USA Today]
- And yet as great as he is, there will be an asterisk on his career (whether fair or not)... until. [Toronto Star]
- No one really “deserves” the Cup, but Wayne Gretzky is right: Alex Ovechkin deserves one. [The Score]
- It’s fun to witness Ovechkin’s milestones, as a fan and (we’d imagine) as a teammate; perhaps not so much fun at the other end of the rink. [NBCSW]
- Actually, his teammates are pretty glad that this milestone is behind them. [NBCSW]
- Three of Ovi’s current and former goalie teammates provide a fascinating breakdown of what makes #8’s shot so hard to stop. [SI]
- Philipp Grubauer is making it that much harder for the coaches to take him out once Braden Holtby’s reset is done. [WaPo]
- A few leftovers from Monday’s win over the Jets. [Caps]
- Too many bodies on the blueline and waiver-exempt status make Madison Bowey the odd man out, as the rookie is headed to Hershey. [WaPo, NBCSW]
- The Caps’ power play, once middling, has jumped to the top of the pack since the calendar flipped to 2018. [Caps]
- Looking ahead to the home-and-home series coming up against the Islanders. [DC Puck Drop]
Wednesday Caps Clips: All Ovi, All the Time
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: More appreciation of Alex Ovechkin’s latest milestone, Bowey back to the Bears and more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.