Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s spirited loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room), NHL, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), AP, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, Tribune-Review, Post-Gazette, and Pensburgh.
- Oh hey, that didn’t take long. 55 seconds into the first period, Tom Wilson and Jamie Oleksiak were jawing and throwing hands. Wilson dropped Oleksiak with a right to the jaw, and Oleksiak was out for the rest of the game. [NBCSW, Yahoo, RMNB]
- Even Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby had some festivities, or at least a few choice words. [NBCSW, NoVa Caps]
- The Caps’ special teams play, woof. [NBCSW]
- Three takeaways from this game. [Sporting News]
- More Ovi things:
- Reaching the goal you’ve yearned for and worked for your entire life is relaxing and refreshing. [NHL]
- This. [WaPo]
- And this.