Your savory breakfast of champions links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s very satisfying win from us, Vogs, NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW (gamer, four reasons), WashTimes, Frankovic, NoVa Caps (gamer, stats), RMNB, and from Motor City, Detroit Free Press, Detroit News and Winging it in Motown.
WELL THAT WAS FUN. pic.twitter.com/DVbqWDupxZ— NBC Sports Capitals (@NBCSCapitals) December 12, 2018
- When Alex Ovechkin tallied his 25th goal of the season yesterday, it was his third of the night and secured hat trick #21 of his career. [NBCSW, RMNB, NoVa Caps, Sporting News, Caps Outsider,
- Some of the milestones achieved:
- ... He moved ahead of Pavel Bure to take the top spot in hat tricks scored by a Russian player, and is now tied for 12th place overall with Glenn Anderson and Richard Martin.
- ... His 126th multi-goal game moved him past Dino Ciccarelli into 11th place all-time.
- ... He now has the 3rd longest streak of seasons of 25 or more goals to start an NHL career. One more year and he’ll tie Mike Gartner; four more and he will pass Jagr and stand alone at the top.
- Ovi is not slowing down, you guys. He should be, but he isn’t. [PHT]
- He is:
- ...playing with swagger... [NBCSW]
- ... teaching us all what it means to be a Stanley Cup champion... [The Ringer]
- ... has been named the “Washington DC” and “NHL” Person of the Year... [The Athletic]
- ... should be on your “sell high” fantasy list (along with John Carlson)... [The Athletic]
- ... and is now a student of the game, as he battles Father Time. [ESPN]
- A goal so nice from the fourth line, they put it on loop:
We felt this @Tboyd93 goal sequence deserved to be looped pic.twitter.com/DXFoku9EUS— NBC Sports Capitals (@NBCSCapitals) December 12, 2018
- Don’t sleep on T.J. Oshie’s very nice night after returning from injury... [NoVa Caps]
- ... and Brett Connolly, putting in the work and getting rewarded... [NBCSW]
- ... and Travis Boyd, whose patience is finally paying off. [NoVa Caps]
- “R-E-F-S Refs Refs Refs!” The cheers are a little different in the section where all the beer league referees are sitting. [Caps Outsider, RMNB]
Sit back and enjoy that brewski, @Max_Scherzer, you're watching a good one. #ALLCAPS pic.twitter.com/q1Ecz0eko8— NBC Sports Capitals (@NBCSCapitals) December 12, 2018