Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), Frankovic, AP, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, FiCP, Twin Cities, and Star-Tribune.
- After a lengthy six-week process and two separate appeals, Tom Wilson’s 20-game ban was reduced to 14 by a neutral arbitrator. [Rink, Caps video (Wilson), WaPo, WashTimes, NBCSW, AP, Reuters, THW, FiCP, RMNB, NoVa Caps]
- Scoring a goal in his first game back and then being assessed a ridiculous penalty seconds later is just... quintessential Wilson. [Caps OT]
- The refs do seem to enjoy calling - let’s refer to them as interesting - penalties on big #43. [NoVa Caps]
- Hey, Matt Cullen - we barely care about your opinion on things related to you or your team. [The Score]
- Also... ahem.
- With Wilson back and defensive responsibility still a concern, what do the Caps do with Jakub Vrana? [NBCSW]
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Dump ‘n Chase, Caps video (Reirden, locker room)]
- After missing most of camp and the first few weeks of the season, Travis Boyd has made his way back into the lineup and is off to a strong start. [Caps]
- Previews of tonight’s visit to Winnipeg from Peerless, Winnipeg Sun, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Arctic Ice Hockey for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- For Ovechkin super-fan and Richard Trophy hopeful Patrik Laine, playing against one of the greatest goal scorers of all time is “not that exciting anymore”. N’aww. Precious. [Winnipeg Sun]
- Former Caps’ coach Barry Trotz reflects on the whirlwind summer that took him from a Cup parade in DC to Long Island. [USA Today]
- Prospect Axel Jonsson-Fjallby has been loaned to the SHL and will be heading back to Sweden. [RMNB, NoVa Caps, Caps Outsider]
- Congrats to 2016 draftee Chase Priskie on setting a new
Division Ischool record for career goals by a Quinnipiac defenseman. [QU Chronicle]