Your savory breakfast of champions links:
- Previews of tonight’s Wednesday Night grudge match from Vogs (plus game notes), NBCSW, Peerless, NoVa Caps, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Blueshirt Banter for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- Keeping up with the Metropolitans. [Pensburgh]
- Hey NHL, the Caps have been making hockey fun forever. What’s taken you so long to jump on the funvee? [NBCSW]
- That whole kind-of-terrible-on-faceoffs thing? Coach Reirden is ON IT. [NBCSW, WashTimes, RMNB, NoVa Caps]
Devante Smith-Pelly looks to
carry over his offensive productivity from breakout Stanley Cup runscore a goal this season. [WaPo]
- “Obviously the only thing that’s missing is finding the back of the net. I think I’m skating good, I’m doing the right things. The one thing I can probably do better is getting more opportunities to shoot the puck and take it to the net.” Andre Burakovsky is keeping his chin up. [NBCSW]
- T.J. Oshie is promoting M&Ms and also hoping his teammate Tom Wilson will get a reduced suspension after his appeal on Thursday. [Sporting News]
- The only reliable way to stop a shot from Alex Ovechkin is to become an оцтопус, or so says Andrei Vasilevskiy. [RMNB]
Spend 48-hours with @WishMidAtlantic kid Hunter Shrauger as the Washington Capitals granted his wish of meeting Alex Ovechkin and a whole lot more. #ALLCAPS #CapsCare pic.twitter.com/kyU2SKoAdn— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) October 16, 2018
- Finally, happy 34th birthday to Sami Lepisto.
- One more - Congrats to Hershey Bears forward Logan Pyett, whose battle to get back on the ice after two years of treatments for cancer has earned him the coveted title “the Best Player In The World Of The Week.” [ESPN]