Your savory breakfast links:
- Thanks to all of you, December’s pledge totals were still strong - but we can do even better in January. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s OT win from us, Vogs, NHL, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), AP, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, RMNB, News & Observer, and Canes Country.
- Already without Matt Niskanen, there was a chance that Nicklas Backstrom would miss last night’s game with illness, but he thankfully rallied. [WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps]
- The Caps find themselves back atop the Metro once again, but do so as underdogs - and they like it that way. [WaPo, CBS DC]
- New Year’s Resolution for the Caps: fix the gosh darn power play. [NoVa Caps]
- Rankings of power. [NBCSW, USA Today, Puck Daddy, PHT]
- Get to know the players who will pull on the stars and stripes for Team USA at next month’s Olympics. [ESPN, NYTimes]
- Central Jersey has produced a number of top-end athletes, and the Caps’ own John Carlson ranks among the best. [MyCentralJersey]
- Alex Ovechkin = really, really good. Everyone caught up now?
Alex Ovechkin of the @Capitals is the fourth player in NHL history to score 25+ goals in each of his first 13 seasons, joining Jaromir Jagr (17 seasons), Mike Gartner (15 seasons) and Wayne Gretzky (13 seasons). #NHLStats #WSHvsCAR @EliasSports pic.twitter.com/G3TLOSzD1U— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) January 3, 2018
- With 10 Winter Classics in the books, a ranking of the games from best to worst (and shocker, the Caps’ games aren’t viewed with as high esteem as they likely deserve). [ESPN]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov is once again proving his worth for the Caps. [LWoH]
- The week that was for the Metropolitan. [Pensburgh]
- Finally, happy 49th birthday to Steve Poapst, and happy 44th to Stefan Ustorf.