Your savory breakfast links:
- “[D]espite international controversy and the inescapable march of time, he’s as commanding as ever.” If you read only one article about Alex Ovechkin and his astounding career today, make it this one. [The Ringer]
Thanks to some remarkable durability & one of the most unstoppable shots in NHL history, Alex Ovechkin tied for 3rd on this list with his goal tonight pic.twitter.com/dhdFsPZAzL— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) January 13, 2018
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s victory from us, Vogs, NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), RMNB, NoVa Caps, News & Observer and ‘Canes Country.
- Travis Boyd got a free trip to Raleigh, recalled from Hershey to be the emergency backup forward. [@Caps]
- Here’s a nice photo gallery. [Inside Hockey]
- John Carlson didn’t get an All-Star invite. Is that important to Norris voters? [NBCSW]
- Tale of the Tape - How the Caps measure up to the rest of the Lig. [NoVa Caps]
- Oh hai there John Erskine, newly-minted assistant coach of the Queen’s Golden Gaels of Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. [Queen’s Journal]
- Finally, happy 64th birthday to Mike Palmateer.
- One more:
Ovechkin sailing in to give hockey hugs to Beagle for that goal #CapsCanes #ALLCAPS pic.twitter.com/WM0pK6WLgW— HockeyKot (@hockeykot) January 13, 2018