Your savory breakfast links:
- Burakovsky, Vrana, and asset development. The latest Japers’ Rink Radio podcast is up. [Rink Radio]
- Recaps and other assorted musings from last night’s win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), NHL, WaPo, NBCSW (three stars, four reasons), AP, Peerless, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, RMNB and again), and from the visitors’ bench, Canucks Army, Nucks Misconduct, and The Province.
- That crazy John Carlson goal? It was all about the pegs. [Scouting the Refs, NBCSW]
Evgeny Kuznetsov on his fortuitous goal: ‘By the way it’s not a lucky bounce’ https://t.co/VzWdkRsgNE pic.twitter.com/ulH5p5Yaxt— Ice Hockey Newz (@IceHockey_Newz) January 10, 2018
- Congrats to Lars Eller on the occasion of his 200th NHL career point. [RMNB]
- “Ben Hutton is known for being one of the chillest dudes in the NHL, but tonight, the Canucks defenseman got very, very angry.” [Deadspin]
- Bombers away - there was a game-long delay in distributing the nifty giveaway hats, but 18K+ fans eventually went home well-chapeau’d. [Caps Outsider]
- North Dakota alums Brock Boeser and T.J. Oshie have a special bond. [WaPo]
- Tom Wilson took a local teevee crew on a tour of his locker. [WUSA 9]
- Peter Bondra, Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlin are planning to get cold so folks in need can stay warm. [Caps Today]
- The Hershey Bears had an exciting announcement regarding their Outdoor Classic alumni game. Ray Bourque will honor his sons and suit up for the chocolate-and-white. [Hershey Bears]
- Finally, happy 38th birthday to Rastislav Stana, and happy 28th to John Carlson.