Your savory breakfast links:
- The Caps’ early-season schedule will present some challenges. They’ll have to work hard to not find themselves in a mid-November standings points hole. [Cheerless]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s shutout loss from Vogs, NHL.com, CSNMA and NoVa Caps.
- The lone bright spot? Tyler Graovac.
Caps 365 | Positive from tonight's exhibition loss is standout 4th liner Tyler Graovac. #CapsCamp pic.twitter.com/fDNDKIKUlh— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) September 23, 2017
- St. Louis took advantage of a green blueline. [CSNMA]
- Statpack. [NoVa Caps]
- Previews of tonight’s tilt with the Canes from, well, nobody.
- The Centennial Fan Arena featured a whole lot of Alex Ovechkin, as he was officially presented with his “100 Greatest Players” portrait that the NHL will enshrine at the Hall of Fame.
Alex Ovechkin was presented with his #NHL100 portrait at the Centennial Fan Arena in Washington today. pic.twitter.com/QCt10GoRZG— NHL (@NHL) September 22, 2017
- Oh, and he made a “surprise” appearance when he dropped in on the American Special Hockey Association’s streetball tourney. [NHL.com (plus pics), CSNMA]
- Yeah, last year’s playoff exit still eats away at our souls. Shut up, other Pierre. [The Athletic]
- Hershey kicks off its 80th anniversary season when training camp opens on Monday, September 25 at the Giant Center. [Bears]
- Finally, happy 66th birthday to Milan Novy, and happy 29th birthday to Zach Hamill.
- One more: Congrats to former Cap Brian Bellows, whose son Kieffer is a world junior champion and now, a real-deal professional hockey player.
#Isles Transaction: Kieffer Bellows has agreed to terms on a three-year entry-level deal. Details: https://t.co/6ZM7Y7S0Lj pic.twitter.com/p3Kts24FUq— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) September 22, 2017