Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s 4-2 win from Vogs, NHL.com, WaPo, CSNMA, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and Habs World.
- Jakub Vrana impressed... [WaPo, CSNMA]
Vrana or Kuzy? You tell us. #CapsCamp pic.twitter.com/Z9WGr7odWR— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) September 20, 2017
- ... no pressure man, no pressure. [CSNMA]
- Hey, and Madison Bowey looked pretty good too. [FiCP]
- Don’t sleep on Devante Smith-Pelly, who is “finally healthy” and also had the GWG last night. [WaPo]
DSP puts the #Caps ahead! #CapsHabs on @CSNMA #ALLCAPS pic.twitter.com/vbZkVR4lJj— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) September 21, 2017
- Brett Connolly is looking to make a big leap up the ranks. [WaPo]
- Crystal ballin’ Matt Niskanen ’s 2017-18. [Peerless]
- Jay Beagle is totes cool with the new faceoff rules. Or slightly less than cool with their implementation. [CSNMA]
- If you are looking for a Caps player to have a big breakout year, Andre Burakovsky would prob’ly be a good choice. [THN]
- Alex Ovechkin‘s six-year deal with Bauer is expiring, so if you see him sporting CCM gear, no need to panic. He’s apparently doing a bit of a test drive. [CSNMA, RMNB]
- Oh, and Ovi is still Numero Uno for Left Wings at fantasy draft time. Regardless of whose gear he’s wearing. [Sporting News]
- Must still be preseason - we’re ranking the new Adidas unis across the Lig. [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- Finally, happy 48th birthday to Curtis Leschyshyn.