Your savory breakfast links:
- It is official - fare-thee-well to the late, great Verizon (née MCI) Center - and welcome to the newly rechristened Capital One Arena. [Monumental, NHL, AP, NBC DC and Forbes, plus CBS Sports likes this new name a lot. Like a lot a lot.]
- NHL Network is ranking things this week. Braden Holtby is the League’s Number Two Netminder, and Alex Ovechkin is the League’s Number Two Number Eight.
- Five keys to success in the new season. [NoVa Caps]
- Taylor Chorney is unstoppable! And so is Travis Boyd! But the secret star of the Caps’ Da Beauty League participants is Shane Gersich, except we can’t see b/c the NCAA won’t allow them to post video of his goals. Growl. [RMNB]
- These pix of Garrett Mitchell in a dunk tank in Hummellstown will melt your heart. [Chocolate Hockey]
- And Alex Semin is good with the kiddies... who knew? [NoVa Caps]
- August 10, 2005 - A date that will live in Ivan Majesky infamy. [Peerless]