Your savory breakfast links:
- The puck drops for the 2017 Capitals Development Camp at Kettler today at 9:00 am, with the forwards on the Caps rink and the defensemen on the public rink.
- Can’t tell the players without a program. [Caps Today (pdf)]
- What to expect when you’re expecting a development camp. [FiCP, NoVa Caps]
- All of the Caps’ selections from the entry draft will be on the ice at DevCamp... [Dump-n-Chase, CSNMA]
- ... and five players to watch. [CSNMA]
- Caps Fan Fest gets underway at 3:00 pm, but they are saving the best for last with the first-ever Caps Alumni Summer Classic game at 7:00 pm. [Capitals]
- Know before you go - Ballston Common is undergoing various forms of demolition and reconstruction, which might affect your parking options. [FiCP]
- The work of the offseason continues, with qualifying offers extended to most of the restricted free agents.
Brett Connolly was not given a QO, mostly for reasons related to avoiding arbitration, but we are told he is negotiating with the team. If they can’t come to terms by July 1, he’ll be UFA. [CSNMA, WaPo, GNG Hockey]
Brett Connolly has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with WSH. AAV of $1.5M.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) June 27, 2017
- Welcome back, Brett Connolly. “Reports” say that he is a Cap for at least 2 more years, and $3m more dollars... [PHT, CSNMA, NoVa Caps]
- ... which may have an effect on this potential signing:
Justin Williams will chat with Caps management this week to see if he's still a fit. 50/50 he's back in Washington next season.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) June 26, 2017
- T.J. Oshie is looking on the bright side of life. [WaPo, theScore]
Christian Djoos, the door is open for you now. Will you
stepskate through it? [NoVa Caps]
- Oh hai there Karl Alzner, touring La belle province with your family. [25Stanley]
- The inaugural Caps Alumni Bourbon and Cigars event looked like a whole lot of fun. [RMNB]
- Finally, happy 33rd birthday t D.J. King.