Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, locker room), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), Peerless, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Dispatch, and the Cannon.
- This game with playoff implications had a postseason feel to it, played tightly and with focus by both teams, and then it got physical:
- The second period featured a bit of scrummage behind the net and a bit of give-and-go between Alex Ovechkin and Scott Hartnell
- The third period started with Jackets rookie defenseman Zach Werenski heading down the tunnel at the 1:21 mark after a hit by Alex Ovechkin. Werenski did not return to the game. Postgame reports indicate that he doesn’t have any broken bones, but the Jackets await further evaluation. The hit did not incur any penalty at the time, but the NHL have tagged this play for review by the Dept. of Player Safety. [RMNB, NoVa Caps, Columbus Dispatch, theScore (with poll)]
- The Jackets clawed back one goal later in the third and then started agitating to try to draw a penalty. Hartnell started harassing Ovechkin, who calmly backed away from the fracas until Josh Anderson greeted him with an elbow to the head. Ovi dropped ‘em and the ensuing brawl ended with two Caps and three Jackets in the box, including a bloodied Anderson. [CSNMA (and again), RMNB, Puck Daddy]
- The Week That Was, Volume 25. [Peerless, RMNB, AAtJ]
- The Bears had a bad weekend and have fallen out of a playoff spot. With five games to go, they will need five wins. [NoVa Caps (and again), Lancaster Online]Lancaste
- Happy 34th birthday to Joey Crabb V.v.V, and a shout out to Bernie Parent on his 72nd birthday.
- One more - A note from your humble Clips editor. Clips are super truncated this morning because of internet issues at Chateau WeagleEye. My router (or someone at Comcast) has some explaining to do. A thousand apologies.