Your savory breakfast links:
- Congrats are in order for Caps captain Alex Ovechkin, who joined Mike Gartner and Wayne Gretzky as the third member of the “30 Goals in Each of Their First 12 Seasons” club. In 100 years of the National Hockey League, only three men have achieved this. The secret handshake must be epic. [NHL.com, CSNMA, Sportsnet]
- ... and of course he notched number 30 with a steel-drum soundtrack from his office on Ovechkin Island. [RMNB]
- Coach Trotz wants the world to recognize. Including the player himself, who might even be taking these achievements “pretty casual”. [CSNMA]
Casual Ovechkin: "It’s nice to be in history. But more history to come."— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) March 26, 2017
- Congrats are also in order for this 2016-17 Capitals team. Last night’s victory was the 31st win at home this season and set a new franchise record (with two more home games on the schedule). And because the Caps love their fans and want them to be happy, they made it happen on Fan Appreciation Night. [CSNMA (and again), RMNB, Caps Outsider]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs, (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, Caps locker room), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), Peerless, NoVa Caps and RMNB, and from the visitors’ bench, Arizona Republic and Five for Howling.
- We don’t need another hero - we just need Daniel Winnik. [CSNMA, Frankovic]
Daniel Winnik is the quintessential, prototypical fourth line forward. Bronze that motherfucker and make a mold out of him.— Jason Rogers (@HeyJayJRogers) March 26, 2017
- Finally, happy 51st birthday to Robin Bawa.