Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on Saturday's win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, locker room), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, NBCSW (three stars, five reasons), FiCP, RMNB, NoVa Caps, PuckNetwork and Anaheim Calling.
- Alex Ovechkin receives the puck at center ice and is clearly assessing what to do with it next. “Should I give it to Dima? Maybe I’ll give it to Conno.... aw heck. Imma call my own number and make it look awesome.”
Overtime, Alex Ovechkin with the puck.— NBC Sports Capitals (@NBCSCapitals) December 17, 2017
You know what happens next. pic.twitter.com/x0vO447KgQ
- Per Elias, “Alex Ovechkin’s overtime goal earned the Washington Capitals a 3–2 win against the Ducks on Saturday. It was Ovechkin’s 21st career regular-season overtime goal (extending his own NHL record) and his second OT goal this season. Ovechkin has scored at least two overtime goals in nine of his 13 seasons in the NHL. No other player in NHL history has more than four seasons with multiple overtime goals.”
- “Just more proof that this year is finally the Caps year; it probably isn't, but if we say it every year we'll eventually be right.” [Krusty Sox Sports]
- Finally, happy 52nd birthday to Craig Berube and happy 59th to Dave Poulin.