Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's victory from us, Vogs, NHL.com, AP, CP, CBC, WaPo, NBCSW, RMNB, NoVa Caps (gamer, stats), Edmondton Sun, Oil on Whyte, Oilers Nation, and Copper and Blue.
- Ten thoughts after a much-needed victory in Edmonton. [Frankovic]
- Devante Smith-Pelly got a battlefield promotion to the Ovechkin-Kuznetsov line and scored a beauty goal. And it didn’t even get credited to anyone else this time... [RMNB]
- ... and y’know what? DSP did not look out of place on that line. [NBCSW]
- Alex Ovechkin got his first three-assist game in three years and the coveted Hockey Night in Canada towel. [Sportsnet]
- Looking ahead to yet another late-night filing as the Caps move on to Calgary, with previews from NHL.com and the Calgary Herald, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Matchsticks & Gasoline.
- Alex Ovechkin is now the toast of Canada after he bought a sweater, hat and coat for a homeless man in Edmonton. He didn’t mean for this work to become news, and tries to downplay it in interviews, but folks are impressed. [WaPo, NHL.com, SI.com, Sportsnet, CBC, BarDown]
- Hershey played its first home game of the season a grabbed a win. Connor Hobbs scored his first AHL goal. [NoVa Caps]