Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight’s first visit to the Wings’ new Pizzarena from Vogs, NHL.com, Peerless, NoVa Caps, Fox Sports, and be sure to swing by our SB Nation pals over at Winging it in Motown for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- Tom Wilson got a promotion and Andre Burakovsky got a demotion as Coach Trotz switched up his lines in search of more offensive spark. [WaPo, NBCSW, RMNB]
Caps 365 | Breaking down the line changes heading into Detroit. #ALLCAPS pic.twitter.com/JDPPdbOfYF— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) October 19, 2017
- John Carlson is getting increased ice time along with increased expectations on the Caps’ battered blueline. [WashTimes]
- Tyler Graovac sustained an upper-body injury against Toronto and will miss some time. [NBCSW]
- The Caps have gone 0_o in their last two games - how can they get back on track? [NoVa Caps]
- Yes, perhaps the Caps need another defenseman, but no, they shouldn’t trade their best prospect to get one. [NBCSW]
- This week: 21 Last week: 2. Welp. [TSN]
- The hockey world is mourning the loss of singer Gord Downie, and Braden Holtby shared some memories from the World Cup of Hockey in Toronto last year. [NHL.com]
- Finally, happy 39th birthday to Mike Farrell.
- One more - there are some milestones to be marked in this match:
GAME NOTES: Barry Trotz is set to pass Dick Irvin for sixth all-time on the games coached list, and Jay Beagle is set to play in his 400th career game. https://t.co/NZcMFoIv6L pic.twitter.com/4kWs17qPx1— CapitalsPR (@CapitalsPR) October 20, 2017