Craig Custance of The Athletic Detroit joined Adam Stringham to discuss his new book, Behind the Bench, and whether Barry Trotz is still the guy for the Capitals. Does Trotz’s lack of a contract extension impact the Capitals players? Craig and Adam also cover:
- Whether coaching actually matters
- The impact of luck on hockey and how it effects the legacies of both coaches and players
- Why the Capitals nor their head coach are yet to make it over the second round hump
- Whether coaches have shelf lives
- What we should make of this year’s Capitals
As always, thanks for listening - we truly appreciate your continued support. We’re reachable on Twitter (Adam, J.P., Stephen, JRR) so let us know if you ever have any questions or just want to talk some hockey, and be sure to subscribe, rate and review the Japers' Rink Radio podcast on iTunes, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter - help us bring JRR to more listeners and everybody wins.