Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight’s clash with the ‘Canes from Vogs (plus game notes), NHL.com, AP and NoVa Caps, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Canes Country.
- The Week That Was, Volume 15... [Peerless, RMNB, AAtJ]
- ... and for the week ahead, the team has three Eastern opponents (two in the division) and looks to have a strong showing heading into the All-Star break. [Stars and Sticks]
- A few leftovers from Saturday’s at-long-last win over Dallas:
- Andre Burakovsky is finding målsuccé and confidence by scoring the game’s first goal in each of the past four games. [WaPo, viasatsport.se]
- All Beagle, all the time. [WaPo, NoVa Caps]
- Let’s appreciate Philipp Grubauer’s big night just a bit more. [NoVa Caps, theScore]
Grubauer's blocker save is so good Seguin drops his stick and quits hockey. pic.twitter.com/xV9Xs9pgei— InGoal Magazine (@InGoalMedia) January 22, 2017
- Admittedly, Dallas’ season hasn’t been going at all well for them, but the Caps left them battered and broken. [Defending Big D, RMNB, CSNMA]
- The NHL is celebrating its first century with a look back at some of the game’s outstanding goalie masks. Mike Palmateer and Olie Kolzig get some love. [NHL.com]
- Hockey Day Minnesota got a bit more star-spangled with the addition of Caps-style unis on the Mahtomedi (high school) Zephyrs. Totally dig the socks. [Grand Forks Herald]
- Happy 56th birthday to Timo Blomqvist and happy 38th to Scott Hannan.
- Finally, we need to talk about this:
Hershey loses today and is on a 1-7-2-0 slide. Their nine-point lead over Bridgeport three weeks ago is down to one point. #AHL— PATRICK WILLIAMS (@pwilliamsNHL) January 23, 2017
- Recommended reading - Kyle Mace’s entire timeline. He’ll be writing up his thoughts at Chocolate Hockey later today. Let’s discuss.
Meltdown. The Hershey Bears are officially in meltdown mode.— Kyle Mace (@kyle_mace) January 23, 2017