Your savory breakfast links:
- World Cup updates:
- John Carlson scored on Braden Holtby. [CSNMA, RMNB]
- TJ Oshie got into it with Shea Weber for some reason. [RMNB]
- “It was just to close your eyes and shoot.” Nicklas Backstrom bagged his first World Cup goal... [SVT.se, RMNB]
- ... and his Tre Kronor teammates are on their own if they want to see the sights when they arrive in Washington. [Arbetarbladet]
- In the meantime Alex Ovechkin very nearly scored on a breakaway in 3-on-3 overtime vs. the Czechs, but this happened:
Alex Ovechkin hooked on a breakaway in 3 on 3 OT. Oof. pic.twitter.com/gzGliGTdKR— Marina Molnar (@mkmolnar) September 10, 2016
- Happy 66th birthday to Gord Brooks, happy 50th to Craig Billington, and happy 54th to Tony Camazzola.
- And finally, we remember this day through Bruce Boudreau’s memoirs and raise a glass to the memory of former Cap Garnet "Ace" Bailey, to the memory of former Kings scout Mark Bavis, and to the memory of the thousands of others taken from us 15 years ago.