Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Trotz, Holtby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, highlights), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNMA, Frankovic, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks, and St. Louis Game Time.
- Go ahead and take your place alongside one of the all-time greats, Braden Holtby. [Caps, Monumental video, Rink, Reuters, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Caps Outsider
- Sitting at 47 goals ahead of last night's game, Alex Ovechkin made sure to erase any doubt that he'd once again hit 50 with a hat trick against the Blues. [The Score, SovSports, Caps Outsider]
- The big win didn't come without at least one cost, as Jay Beagle suffered a lower-body injury blocking a shot and is day to day. [WaPo]
- Well, it's official... the Caps have a date with the Flyers in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal. [Caps, Rink, WaPo (and again), WashTimes, CSNMA, Puck Daddy, PHT, StarsandSticks, NoVa Caps
- Previews of the last game of the regular season from Caps Outsider, Peerless, and AP, and be sure to visit our SB Nation pals over at Anaheim Calling for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- It's been seven years since the Caps and Penguins last clashed in the postseason. Here are a few reasons why you should want to see them butt heads again. [TSS]
- News and notes yesterday from Scottrade Center:
- If the Caps want to make a serious run at the Cup, their defense will be key. [NoVa Caps]
- Thanks to League-wide parity, the playoffs have become even more unpredictable. [USA Today]
- Happy 46th birthday to Enrico Ciccone.
- And finally, this is one hell of a first tweet:
Justin Williams (@JustinWilliams) April 10, 2016