Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, Ovechkin, Holtby, Niskanen, Oshie, Capuano, Isles room), NHL.com, PHT,
AP, WaPo, CSNMA, Peerless, Frankovic, StarsandSticks, RMNB, DSP, Friends in Cold Places and NoVa Caps and from the obstructed-view seats, Newsday, NY Post, NYI Point Blank, NYI Skinny and Lighthouse Hockey.
- Welcome back, Captain, and welcome to the League's all-time top-40 goal scoring club, Alex Ovechkin . [CSNMA, RMNB, Capitals Voice]
- The Isle will always have Tom Wilson ... living rent-free in their heads. [LHH, RMNB]
- Military Night was very moving, from ceremonial puck drop (and get to know Lance Cpl Josh Misiewicz) to anthem to (darn it, Monumental did not post video of the sled hockey shootout). In addition the team raised close to $50,000 for Defending the Blue Line with their camo jersey auction, plus these sweet, sweet goalie buckets.
- Related: Caps in camo! [Caps Outsider]
- In general. [Dump-n-Chase, Monumental video (Trotz, Holtby, Rinkside Update/Carlson, Two-Man Advantage) NVC, Friends in Cold Places (pics), and pics from Tuesday practice (RBRG Flickr)]
- Taylor Chorney was really really sick, you guys, and now he's probably mostly better, he thinks... [WaPo]
- ... but just in case he can't go, Aaron Ness is up from Hershey. [Caps Today]
- Marcus Johansson might be able to travel with the team next week, but for now he remains on the shelf. [WaPo]
- Get on board the Evgeny Kuznetsov Train - it's headed for gr92ness. [NVC]
- All y'all that had Taylor Chorney in your "diamond in the rough" pool, raise your hands. Yeah, me nither. [NVC]
- Old friend Donald Brashear found that he didn't want to pay $300 per for hockey sticks - so he founded a company to make quality sticks for a lower cost, and then convinced the CBC "Dragons' Den" investors to buy in to his vision to the tune of $500,000. [Color of Hockey]
- Caps prospect defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler is a pro champion - a Swiss Cup champion with the ZSC Lions. [Pension Plan Puppets, Swiss Ice Hockey Cup]
- The Caps' head Euro scout, Mats Wiederstål: "We have quite a few players from Europe play both in the Capital and in our farm team. Since we are only two scouts in Europe, I would like to think that I at least somehow involved when we draft them. But I do not believe in that stuff with scout "masterpiece." It's just a myth. It is almost always a team effort. There is no scout who finds someone unknown player in someone obscure club since become a success in the NHL. I would argue that all of the 210 players who are drafted each year are known to all NHL teams scouts. It's about how to value them and make the best of their choice." [SvenskaFans (link in Swedish)]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday to three-time Capital Kris Beech.