Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps of yesterday's victory from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, Holtby, Orpik, Kuznetsov, Latta, Hynes, Schneider, Boucher), NHL.com, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), AP, Frankovic, Peerless, DSP, NVC, Friends in Cold Places and RMNB, and from the room, Fire and Ice, and All About The Jersey.
- Milestones: T.J. Oshie played (and scored) in his 500th NHL game. [Caps Outsider, Monumental (in-game video tribute)]
- Milestones: Alex Ovechkin 's 38th goal of the season was also the 513th goal of his career, tying him with Jeremy Roenick for 37th place on the all-time goal scoring list. Next up is Pierre Turgeon and his 515 goals. [RMNB]
- Milestones: It only took Brooks Orpik 798 regular-season NHL games to score a gamewinner. And boy, was this one a dandy. [CSNMA, theScore]
- That Kyle Palmieri goal-against? Yeah, Braden Holtby would like that one back. [CSNMA]
- "One of the tougher losses I can remember recently," Devils' goalie Cory Schneider said. "We got the lead there and we see there is another level we need to get to in order to be considered a legitimate team, a contender. And they showed that they're the best team in the league for a reason." [nj.com]
- Notes and assorted whatnot from the morning skate:
- Finally, happy 30th birthday to Dane Byers.
Jagr now 3rd all-time in goals with 742 in 1606 games.— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) February 21, 2016
Took him 970 games to score 513 goals.
Ovechkin scored 513th tonight in game 815.