Your savory breakfast links:
- Roundtabling the first quarter of the season, radio-style. [Rink Radio]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, locker room), NHL.com, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), AP, Peerless, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, FiCP, RMNB, Die by the Blade and Buffalo News.
- The Sabres held the lead at the end of the first and second periods, at which point Barry Trotz unleashed some fury in the locker room. [RMNB]
- Related: Alex Ovechkin, coach wants to see you. [PHT, CSNMA]
- Braden Holtby had plenty of company in his crease in the second period. I think even the Zamboni driver got in there somewhere. [FiCP (photos)]
- Marcus Johansson is finding success in a simplified game... [CSNMA]
- ... and TJ Oshie appears to be nearing a return to play. [WaPo, CSNMA]
- Coach just ordered up a milk carton with pictures of Andre Burakovsky and Evgeny Kuznetsov on it. [CSNMA]
- Finally, happy 55th birthday to Chris Valentine, and happy 30th to Matt Niskanen.