Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's visit from Tampa Bay from Vogs (plus game notes), AP and NoVa Caps, and be sure to visit our SB Nation pals over at Raw Charge for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Let’s just get this out of the way [CSNMA, WaPo]:
Trotz on Ovi, who has 2g in 12 gms: "Am I concerned? Yeah I have concern that his production is down because we need his production to win."— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) December 22, 2016
- Perhaps if the Bolts played USA Today reporter/weekend warrior/beer league goalie extraordinaire A.J. Perez tonight? Perez laced ‘em up in goal at Kettler recently, taking slapshots, one-timers, and breakaways from Alex Ovechkin. He lived to tell the tale, barely. [USA Today, and photos]
- Welcome back, goal-scoring shampoo model Andre Burakovsky. [ESPN]
- The Caps’ practice yesterday featured normal drills and a swap of Brett Connolly for Daniel Winnik... [NoVa Caps, FiCP]
- ... and after practice the team had some more holiday cheer to attend to:
- Santa Ovi skated with the kids from the Fort Dupont Ice Rink. [@Capitals, CSNMA, NoVa Caps, FiCP, RMNB]
- And Matt Niskanen, Brooks Orpik, T.J. Oshie and Zach Sanford, in coordination with the MSE Foundation, hosted the Courage Caps Skating Party. [NoVa Caps, FiCP, CSNMA]
- Dear fans attending the game tonight... dial up the intensity, okay? It’s been a bit quiet in the Phonebooth of late. [NoVa Caps]
- On the tenth day of Christmas, Comcast gave to thee - tiny tot pix of Justin Williams, Tom Wilson and Brett Connolly. D’awwwww. [CSNMA]
- Finally, happy 34th birthday to Shaone Morissonn, and T.J. Oshie hits the big 3-0.