Your savory breakfast links:
- Halfway to halfway - Rink thinks in the round. [Rink]
- After a game like last night’s, the only option is to grab some cocoa and cuddle up with eight more Alex Ovechkin hat tricks. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s loss from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Trotz, locker room), NHL.com, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), AP, RMNB, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, LHH, and Newsday.
- Dmitry Orlov is really sorry, you guys. [WaPo, CSNMA, NoVa Caps]
- And Justin Williams is getting frustrated. [CSNMA, RMNB, PHT]
- Who unplugged the Caps’ power play? [CSNMA]
- Like so much else in this game, Jakub Vrana’s NHL debut had an almost, but not quite:
Jakub Vrana almost scored on his first shift pic.twitter.com/nOEvHmbtbB— Ian Oland (@ianoland) December 2, 2016
- ... and he got the traditional rookie solo lap in warmups. [CSNMA, RMNB]
- At least German Heritage Night was festive. [Caps Outsider]
- Wanted: Speed and hands. [CSNMA]
- Braden Holtby has been invited to be the Honored Guest of the Embassy of Canada/Ambassade du Canada on the occasion of the lighting of their Christmas tree. [RMNB]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov chats with Russian media about his game, his recent minor illness, the lack of cookies in NHL locker rooms and more. [Sport-Express]
- The Russian Hockey Federation named Ilya Samsonov to the roster for its U20 selection camp (convening in Moscow on December 8). [FHR.ru]
- Finally, happy 36th birthday to Big Cheese, and happy 52nd birthday to Don Barber, father of Riley Barber, who played for the Sharks, Jets, Nordiques and North Stars back in the day.