Your savory breakfast links:
- The Week That Was, Volume 10. [Peerless, RMNB, AAtJ]
- Jay Beagle is doggone good in the faceoff circle. [WaPo]
- Checking in on Alex Ovechkin’s numbers, thirty games in. [NoVa Caps, RMNB]
- Say, what’s it like to cover Ovi as a beat reporter? Alex Prewitt explains. [Hockey PDOcast]
- Congrats to the Hershey Bears Hall of Fame Class of 2016, inducted at Sunday’s 4-0 whitewashing of Springfield. [Chocolate Hockey (photos), Caps Outsider (bios and photos)]
Putting the band back together? In talks for a reunion/revival tour of "Hair." pic.twitter.com/BMv64UltEo— Tim Leone (@timleone) December 19, 2016
- Karl Alzner and Daniel Winnik spent their day off elving it up for charity at Lindsay Cadillac. [CSNMA]
- Keeping with the Christmas spirit, CSN brings us teeny tiny Capitals - the cutest li’l third line in hockey, the many holiday faces of Marcus Johansson, and lots of baby Caps rocking their new hockey gear under the Xmas tree.
- In which Caps mascot Slapshot and some of his other DC sports mascot buddies found themselves into a bit of a pickle, but just in the nick of time they were rescued by Make-a-Wish superhero Super Kaheem. Whew! [Federal Baseball]
- The Hershey Bears also did their part to make some sick kiddies’ hospital days merry and bright. [Chocolate Hockey]
- If you’re still looking for a gift for the hockey and/or baseball fan in your life, the Caps Fan Club is selling auto’d Xmas balls at the home games this week, behind section 110. [Caps Outsider]
- Happy holidays from the CSN Caps crew:
Christmas carols at the Laughlin fam holiday party...Merry Christmas and happy holidays from the CSN Caps crew! pic.twitter.com/RzMBlWBXD8— Courtney Laughlin (@CourtneyCSN) December 19, 2016
- Finally, happy 46th birthday to Robert Lang, and happy 43rd to Andreas Salomonsson.