Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs (plus game notes), Monumental video (Trotz, locker room), NHL.com, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), AP, Frankovic, NoVa Caps, FiCP, RMNB, Die by the Blade, Buffalo News and theScore.
- Birthday boy Philipp Grubauer got the start, the win and first star of the game with his parents in the stands for the first time since he came up to the NHL. [Caps Outsider, RMNB, sport1.de]
It was a great birthday for Philipp Grubauer, whose family made their first trip to watch him make an NHL start. https://t.co/VqaylOVrWe pic.twitter.com/8bDr4F2G8E— CSN Capitals (@CSNCapitals) November 26, 2016
- Brett Connolly’s goal was a bit of confirmation that he is carving out a role on the team. [CSNMA]
- Some notes from pregame. [Dump-n-Chase, Monumental video (Trotz, Two-Man Advantage)]
- The Caps have a quick flight to Toronto to face the Maple Leafs for Hockey Night in Canada tonight, with game notes and previews from NHL.com, NoVa Caps, Toronto Sun and AP, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Pension Plan Puppets.
- It appears to be Alex Ovechkin Appreciation Week in Toronto:
- Former Cap Connor Carrick, the Leafs’ young Russians and old friend Matt Martin are looking forward to playing against the Gr8. [Toronto Sun]
- The Caps re-recalled Paul Carey from Hershey to travel with the team to Toronto. [Caps Today, Caps Outsider]
- Congrats to Chris Bourque, who skated in his 600th AHL game last night, a 5-2 Bears victory over the Springfield Falcons. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 99th birthday to the National Hockey League, founded this day in 1917. [NHL.com]