Your savory breakfast links:
- Who is feeling the heat this year? [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Trotz, locker room)], NHL.com, AP, CP, WaPo, WashTimes, Peerless, CSNMA, WNST, RMNB, FiCP, NoVa Caps, Denver Post, and Mile High Hockey.
- Before the game, the Caps honored Braden Holtby for his superb 2015-16 season. [Monumental video, CSNMA, Caps Outsider, NoVa Caps]
- This was some old school beauty from Dmitry Orlov. [WaPo, Puck Daddy, CBS Sports]
Turn the 9 upside down, it's a 6 now. pic.twitter.com/lK22oIpNEN— NHL (@NHL) October 19, 2016
- That hit, and some extracurricular post-whistle activities, left the Avs locker room a tad bit upset. [Denver Post]
- News and notes from yesterday's practice.
- In general. [Monumental video (Trotz, locker room, Rinkside Update/Alzner), Dump 'n Chase]
- Ahead of last night's game, Barry Trotz made a couple of small tweaks to the lineup, sitting Zach Sanford for Brett Connolly and getting Philipp Grubauer in net. [WashTimes, CSNMA (and again)]
- The top line remained in tact, but focused on getting on the same page... wonder if it worked. [WaPo]
- Blueliner Nate Schmidt is looking to make more of an impact in the offensive zone. [WashTimes]
- Predicting how the Metropolitan Division will shake out. [NoVa Caps]
- The auction of Holtby's World Cup mask has raised over a ton of cash for charity, which is just awesome. [WaPo, NHL.com, CBC]
- Wayne Gretzky discusses his dinner with Alex Ovechkin (and some other less important things. [Globe and Mail]
- Tony Kornheiser saying horrible things about the Caps. Surprising? As the kids like to say... lol. [WaPo]
- Finally, happy 33rd birthday to Boyd Gordon.