Your savory breakfast links:
Previews of tonight's visit to Lumbus from Vogs (plus game notes), Peerless, and NHL.com, and be sure to stop by our SB Nation partners over at The Cannon for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Oh hai there Seregei Bobrovsky , recently activated off the injured list. Nice to see you back in action. Wait, your team took out the Dallas Stars 6-3 in their last game? That's just swell. [Bluejackets Media]
- The Caps made a swap of their depth defensemen, sending Connor Carrick back to Hershey and recalling Ryan Stanton. Aaron Ness remains up with the big club; we'll know soon enough who gets a sweater. [CSNMA, S&S, WaPo]
Recaps and other assorted musings on Thursday's loss from us, Vogs (plus Notebook), Monumental video (Trotz, Grubauer, Backstrom, Niskanen, Sill, Two-Man Advantage) NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNMA (gamer, rewind), RMNB, Friends in Cold Places, Peerless and NoVa Caps, and from the home side, News & Observer (plus photos), Canes and Coffee and Canes Country.
- The Caps battled fatigue and a depleted roster, and did we mention that they had no power plays? Because they had no power plays. [Frankovic]
- T.J. Oshie lost his stick but kept the puck on his skates long enough to set Nick Backstrom up with (what was at the time) the game-tying goal. [RMNB]
- So, what went wrong? The CSN crew debates. [CSNMA (video)]
- Resilient Caps rebound. [Rink]
- At thirty, Alex Ovechkin is not only still good - he is getting better. [WaPo]
- The NHL Network was kind enough to forward this ArenaCam interview with still-healthy Jay Beagle, conducted after their 2-0 whitewash of Buffalo. Get well soonest, Beags... [NHL.com (video)]
- ... and now the question looms large - who will step up, or be brought in, to fill Beagle's larger-than-anyone-expected skates? [CSNMA]
- As the calendar flipped over to 2016 the end-of-the-year lists proliferated:
- Finally, happy 47th birthday to Rick Tabaracci.