Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's preseason victory over Carolina from
us, Vogs, Monumental video (Trotz, Orlov, Oshie, Roy, Wilson, Rinkside Update/Oshie), NHL.com, WaPo, CSNMA, Frankovic, Stars and Sticks and NoVa Caps Fans, and from the other end of the ice, Canes Country and Canes & Coffee.
- So. About that three-on-three overtime. [CSNMA]
- Caps goalie Dan Ellis and Canes goalie Eddie Lack went toe-to-toe, figuratively speaking. [THW]
- "I couldn’t do that in real life. Heck, I don’t know if I could do that in NHL 16." T.J. Oshie had some nice moves last night. [S&S]
- The Verizon Center faithful got their first look at the Caps' new Winter Classic display. [RMNB]
- Camp continues today with a morning skate for the players headed to Boston for tonight's game (roster released in the morning, but we're told nobody is playing back-to-back). The remaining players will form Groups Red and White and their practices will be from 10:30-1:30 or so.
- The Thompson Creek Window of Opportunity™ is open, but the clock is ticking. [NBC Sports]
- Crystal ballin' Tom Wilson's 2015-16 season... [Peerless]
- ... and some of Willy's own thoughts. [RMNB]
- Working again with Barry Trotz and Mitch Korn made it easy for Ellis to sign with the Caps. He knows he's most likely headed to Hershey, but that's okay too. [Patriot-News]
- John Carlson and Matt Niskanen are contemplating their roles on a post-MG52 blueline. [WaPo]
- Should we be excited for the Caps' new forward corps? You bet. [RMNB]
- Get to know... Taylor Chorney . [WaPo]
- The South Carolina Stingrays will honor the Charleston 12 by wearing "Charleston Strong" themed jerseys that will be auctioned off with the proceeds to benefit the children of the families, and othe activities with and for the community. [Caps Outsider]
- The salary cap is squeezing out the "middle class" and some League vets are finding less job security than they expected. [Sun Media]
- Finally, happy 56th birthday to Harvie Pocza.