Your savory breakfast links:
- Measuring success this season, Nate Schmidt vs. Dmitry Orlov and more in this week's Japers' Rink Mailbag. Just a few weeks left, so get those questions in! [Rink]
- Projections and predictions abound for next year's World Cup rosters. [NHL.com (Canada, US, Sweden), WaPo, CSNMA]
- Some surprises - and some not so much - in this breakdown of what makes for an effective NHL defenseman. [TSN]
- Prospect updates:
- Lots of exciting stuff coming to Caps Radio 24/7 in the upcoming season. [Capitals Voice]
- Brooks Orpik is among those back at Kettler and took the time for a nice long chat with Mike Vogel about his recovery from surgery, his new teammates and much more. [Monumental video]
- The experts have spoken: Brian MacLellan pulled off one of the best signings of the offseason. [ESPN ($)]
- Tom Wilson is in the best shape of his life. September! [CSNMA]
- Five keys to the Caps' success in 2015-16. [Stars and Sticks]
- Verizon Center just got a pretty new display celebrating the 2015 Winter Classic. [Talk the Red]
- Get the lowdown on all of the rule changes headed our way in 2015-16. [THW]
- Watch Michael Latta shoot pucks at tiny nets for charity... and have more success (relatively speaking) than he did with the full-sized ones last season. [Sauce Hockey]
- Happy 65th birthday to Gord Brooks, happy 49th to Craig Billington, and happy 53rd to Tony Camazzola.
- And finally, we raise a glass in memory of former Cap Garnet "Ace" Bailey and the thousands of others we lost 14 years ago.
Kings (@BaileyLAKings) September 9, 2015