Your savory breakfast links:
- Development Camp opens today. Read up on what's what with the team's 2015 Development Camp Guide, with the Hershey perspective at The Patriot-News.
- The Caps locked up one of their three remaining Restricted Free Agents yesterday, inking Evgeny Kuznetsov to a two-year, $6-million bridge contract. [Rink, Dump 'n Chase, WaPo, Puck Daddy, WashTimes, CSNW, RMNB, Stars and Sticks, PHT]
- As to the other two RFAs, they both filed for arbitration. What now? [WaPo, CSNW]
- What will it take to sign Marcus Johansson? [WaPo (with BrooksLaichyear's take from earlier in the year here), THN]
- And how about Braden Holtby? [TRL Hockey, Stars and Sticks]
- The Caps were strong in the defensive zone face-off circles last year. What came next, however, might not have been as good. [Rink]
- The window! It's closing! But the Caps are making hay while the sun shines. [WaPo, Grantland]
- Does that include Taylor Chorney? Because he's pretty excited. [WaPo]
- Step 1: Culture change. Step 2: Identity chang. Step 3: ??? Step 4: Profit. [Stars and Sticks]
- Yeah, but what does Adam Oates think about the moves?! [RMNB]
- More on that T.J. Oshie deal. [Along the Boards]
- For those of you who are dying to buy that new Caps jersey, Chorney will be wearing #4 (sorry, Big John), Dan Ellis will wear #39 (sorry, David Steckel), and Oshie will be wearing #77 (not sorry, Joe Corvo). [@CapitalsPR]
- Friend-of-the-Blog Corey Masisak has left NHL.com, and that stinks for people who like reading smart things about hockey. Best of luck, Corey! [@cmasisak22]
- Finally, here's a kid with the right priorities...
I am very happy to be a Cap for two more years...now back to training!!! ✌️— Evgeny Kuznetsov (@Kuzya92) July 6, 2015